TV Packs only

Will ABC’s ‘V’ Be Renewed Or Cancelled?

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » TV-News » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#155178] Written by: carinqua [16/03/2011, 12:20]
to bad, but the show was a bit slow. but very good story.
hope that they will have a second change.
greetings from holland
[#155184] Written by: esign [16/03/2011, 13:00]
whether they cancel it or not, it's still another amazing story of a network sabotaging it's own
shows. cutting off the show with a several month hiatus, immediately after it's premiere, pretty
much amounts to murdering it. those simply turning out for the premiere, hadn't been sufficiently
hooked to wait eagerly. those who really wanted to give the show a chance, experienced a total break
in momentum, which was more than the show could afford, on top of the deliberate approach to story
development.

i like the show, and really hope they won't cancel it. what i really hope they'll cancel, is the
executive who screwed up the launch in such a big way. boot him to the curb, and blacklist him from
the industry! he shouldn't even be allowed to pick out his own ties. in fact, just dump him at the
nearest assisted living facility.
[#155192] Written by: chalky10_3 [16/03/2011, 14:39]
yes,another show in the pan.
i agree with some others.if the show moved a bit faster,showing the lizards more ratings would
probably be higher.
[#155196] Written by: JeanLucPicard [16/03/2011, 15:32]
Quote by esign
cutting off the show with a several month hiatus, immediately after it's premiere, pretty
much amounts to murdering it.

yeah, seems to happen to a lot of shows lately.

what about that ... use some more manpower in the pre-production phase to check the writing and
characters of a show and then produce a higher level of quality. that way, some problems could be
avoided right from the start.

additionally, check yout target audience and place the show accordingly. a non-conformity show
format also does not rate very well with nielsen - one should know that right from the start.

it's called quality assurance in the real world ...
[#155281] Written by: sanyr [17/03/2011, 20:59]
Quote by bathrug
after watching last nights episode and without giving away spoilers to those that
havnt watched it yet, i can safely say with the death of quite a few of the main characters and
more than one now missing

haha. "not to spoil anything, but a bunch of main characters died"
[#155284] Written by: mattdrum [17/03/2011, 21:13]
Quote by kingdarko
did the old v even have an ending?

i hope it gets renewed you know the story is getting good now they are getting ready to invade and that's
cool.

if they cancel the show i hope they pick it up later and just start it off maybe after the v's have attacked
and enslaved humans and what not and just start it from where humans fight back.

they can't do that, spielberg has a show debuting on tnt in june called falling skies that deals with exactly that so
there'd be no point continuing v in that way but another season or 2 or 3 would be brilliant.

[#155340] Written by: fatguy69 [18/03/2011, 23:07]
as much as i love the idea behind "v" it has in the past few episodes gone down the quality of
acting is good but the plot sucks, it's almost too predictable on what "anna" will do before she
even does it. i loved that they brought back some older actors from the first show way back in the
day. but even their stellar performances wont save this version. the writers just dont have what
it takes to keep a show of this quality on tv. the writing staf is to blame they got to tied up
with special effects and not with the story.
[#155355] Written by: esign [19/03/2011, 06:28]
Quote by fatguy69
the writing staf is to blame they got to tied up with special effects
and not with the story.

not knowing what goes on behind the scenes, i'm still pretty sure that it's rare for a writer to
push special effects. their field of expertise is the development and progression of the story and
characters, and it's pretty typical for a profession to push it's expertise as the most important in
any project. special effects will probably be pushed by the storyboard and graphics people, as well
as stunt and "old fashioned" special effects people. they're the ones dealing with the visuals,
along with the director. obviously, if the director is a sucker for special effects, the show is
going to be heavy on it.
[#155366] Written by: basildaddy [19/03/2011, 14:14]
i reaally like this show. while the first season was slow for me i thought the second season was really
good. i hope they dont cancel...or at least come back to end the show, i hate when they do that..we dont
need another farscape on our hands do we?
[#155609] Written by: esign [22/03/2011, 16:49]
Quote by basildaddy
we dont need another farscape on our hands do we?

ah... farscape...

bring farscape back!

that's not too far off-topic, is it? how about this: have destiny crash with moya. everyone in
destiny croaks, except the previously anonymous crew member, john crichton jr, who makes it over to
moya. rename the show "farscape universe". now it's on topic, and a brilliant idea, to boot!
[#155652] Written by: esign [23/03/2011, 05:46]
Quote by esign
how about this: have destiny crash...

ah... wrong thread. that's what i get, for opening to many threads in too many tabs. sorry about that.
[#157497] Written by: lastgateguard [17/04/2011, 09:56]
"and without giving away spoilers to those that havnt watched it yet, i
can safely say with the death of quite a few of the main characters and more than one now missing i can
say that the exit of one original v cast member"

wtf? that's the very definition of spoilers
[#160201] Written by: ScudB [19/05/2011, 05:01]
the show was cancelled: http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/breaking-abc-cancels-brothers-sisters-and-v/

breaking: abc cancels brothers & sisters, v, mr. sunshine, four others

friday the 13th turned out to be doomsday for brothers & sisters and v: abc has axed both shows.
v... was on the upswing. its ratings remained so-so, but after a shaky start, it returned for a second
season on solid ground creatively. heck, it even added to the cast the delectable jane