TV Packs only

ABC/NBC Cancellations and Renewals

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » TV-News » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#159731] Written by: koopa king [14/05/2011, 10:08]
pretty much all those shows (specially v and the event) deserved it except for mr. sunshine. and
great job canceling law and order, then making the same exact show but in la, hiring bad actors, and
then canceling it. they could have saved themselves tons of money if they had either given l&o one
more season in new york or just flat out didn't bother with another spin-off.
[#159735] Written by: sX2 [14/05/2011, 10:43]
wow, so many shows on the cancellation list.
i'm going to miss v, no ordinary family and mr. sunshine, although no real surprise that they didn't
make the cut the way the network treated them. if v had been a summer show, with continuity in airing
i bet it would have taken off.

i wonder what they'll put on the air come next season?
[#159742] Written by: armando [14/05/2011, 11:25]
nof had potential to move on and be a good show.. the writing was sloppy occasionally, and the chemistry
between the two leads was ok, but not exactly fireworks. the last few eps (up to the finale anyway) kinda
hinted at what was to come, but leaned way to far towards heroes to hold it's individuality well enough.
the finale was a very weak and lazy way to wrap up that part of the story.i guess when the order got cut,
they knew it was over so they rushed it, and by doing that ruined any chance of a reprieve.

the event.. meh.. they had a great idea, and dragged it down into political mumbo jumbo and indecision
over where it was going.too many unlikable characters, and bland 'events'. plus none of them ever acted
in a way that made any sense. i'm not even gonna bother watching the finale cos it annoys me that they
screwed it up so bad. what really killed it for me? the way they wrote elias, and his total lack of decision
making skills. just blow them up.. thats the american way

v.. well scheduling killed that, plain and simple. story was fairly good once you get past the political side of
it. they did try to speed it up towards the end to make it more enjoyable, but it was too late. i'll miss this
one a bit..

now.. will someone get on with making the lost prequel 'dharma' before i go mental?

[#159749] Written by: RodPowermaster [14/05/2011, 12:26]
noooo! not outsourced, the event, v and no ordinary family.

some of the best shows on tv gone just like that. yet chuck gets renewed.

atleast fox didnt put fringe on the chopping block.
[#159750] Written by: pennysworth [14/05/2011, 12:34]
ouch. and no axed reality shows? they breed like dandelions in spring. there's no stopping them.

i wonder what the demographics of the viewers of these cancelled show is. i must really be in the
minority of national tastes. i count at least six of my normal weekly viewing dumped: law & order
la, v, chicago code, detroit 1-8-7, human target.

now, i watch fringe but it's really a stupid show, one which abrams and company have completely lost
control of. an alternate universe, for god's sake, and still in that arc! did they really kill
peter off? if there were a god, she's have killed it, too.

i'm afraid we're looking at an all-reality show lineup for all broadcast nets sunday-thursday, and
repeats friday and saturday because, you know, the only viewers that matter are out and about on the
weekends so fuck us, thank you very much.

[#159752] Written by: darthvengeant [14/05/2011, 13:03]
the event canned? that's a great show.

lights out and the event both getting canned. people just don't know good tv anymore. all they want
it idiotic reality shows, and i hate them all.
[#159758] Written by: pixelslut [14/05/2011, 14:29]
i had a feeling my shows from this list would get canceled (the event, v, detroit 187, outsourced)
and from fox (human target, chicago code, lie to me) but i was still holding out hope. im very
annoyed with this seasons chopping block. it was great when these shows started or got renewed
because it was like it went from having absolutely nothing i liked broadcast tv to a virtual
plethora of shows i liked. now im back to nearly nothing (fringe, ncis, ncis:la, body of proof,
house)...

on the other hand i should get a lot more done. there's also usa which seems to never fail me.. even
the show i like the least out of their current originals line up (covert affairs) is good enough
form me to tune in or download and watch. and of course there's amc, hbo and showtime....

[#159762] Written by: Boro666 [14/05/2011, 14:53]
abc should be canceled
[#159779] Written by: CypherUK [14/05/2011, 18:35]
i'm sure a lot of shows would stay around longer if the networks stopped putting ridiculous breaks in the
middle of a season, sometimes several breaks. here in the uk our series usually last a max of 12
episodes, much shorter runs but at least we get 12 weeks of the show without any gaps.

since the us makes the best sci-fi (imo) i have to sit and hope that a network doesn't wreck its scheduling
and put a massive void in the middle of a season, leading to a cancellation. fringe is still there to watch and
we're a little way behind you guys in the states, but tbh it's only that, house and game of thrones to watch
atm.

it's time the networks came to the realisation that 1mil views is actually pretty good going considering a lot
record it to watch it later or just get it off the net. with the loss of stargate universe, which had viewing
figures around that area and that i actually quite liked (having never watched stargate before in my life) i
feel as though the crime/medical/reality takeover is almost complete. sci-fi was already on the fringe (no
pun intended) but shows are now barely getting a season without the looming talk of yet another early
axing...

i don't think the syfy channel deserves its name anymore btw, do you have any great sci-fi shows left
guys? sort it out.
[#159781] Written by: impudent.minx [14/05/2011, 18:57]
i'll miss outsourced, quite liked it

better with you is better than some of the crap shows they are keeping, the same goes for v. v
was ruined by the insane scheduling.

[#159784] Written by: BrockAlexander [14/05/2011, 19:23]
terrible news to cancel v, sure it was draggin on a bit but they should like bsg give it a chance to
play out otherwise why invest $ in these programmes. as a result people wont buy the dvds, reruns
are waste of time and sadly i may as well go back and watch the original now to see it play out.
[#159798] Written by: pixelslut [14/05/2011, 22:28]
Quote by brockalexander
i may as well go back and watch the original now to see it play out.

i dont want to discourage you from watching the original but the new one is vastly different from
it. so much so that beyond the basic premise and some "callbacks" to original plot points and cast
members for the fans they have pretty much nothing in common :-)

[#159815] Written by: coswell [15/05/2011, 04:46]
happy endings is terrible! why! better with you and mr sunshine was funny enough sitcoms. thought at
least sunshine would survive..

also i really loved outsourced. i dont understand how it didnt get good reviews, it was funny!!!
[#159823] Written by: Urgentemente [15/05/2011, 06:52]
i'm gutted that v has been cancelled.

whilst it might have stuttered a bit along the way, season 2 was pretty good overall, and the last
few episodes really upped the ante. i wonder if there's any chance of another network picking it up
to carry on with it.

as a long time fan of the original series (well, the original mini-series, not the later weekly
episodic affairs that went rapidly downhill), i was *very* sceptical when the remake/new version was
first announced, but i gave it a chance and really enjoyed it. sad to see it's demise.
[#159830] Written by: ockraz [15/05/2011, 09:06]
pennysworth!!!
why?!

i've not watched the fringe finale yet! why'd you put a spoiler into a comment thread whose topic isn't
even fringe related. i can't unring that bell.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]