TV Packs only

Canceled Shows recap

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » TV-News » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#160456] Written by: darthvengeant [22/05/2011, 15:29]
it's interesting how most shows i end up really liking get cancelled, (v, stargate universe, the
event, lights out) but all the shows i dislike and think are crap end up continuing. i think the tv
audience has changed for the worse. they want stupid reality shows, and mindless, thoughtless,
emptiness. since syfy has turned into a toilet, there really is no good science fiction/fantasy on
television now. sanctuary is it. syfy should get an enema and fire half their staff, they don't know
what they are doing anymore. fox should get a kick in the a** for canceling lights out, one of the
best shows on television in years.
[#160461] Written by: filmboy50 [22/05/2011, 17:12]
killing off lie to me must be a joke,it was one of the best,wish the uk could do one as good,maybe
tim will come back and do something good here.
[#160462] Written by: impudent.minx [22/05/2011, 17:46]
yes, that's my hope too. tim roth is such a brilliant actor and robert carlyle will be free too after
the cancellation of sg universe.

still, i will miss lie to me terribly, it was a brilliant show, lightman's character was great and the
storylines mostly very interesting.

i quite liked the defenders too, it wasn't really bad enough to cancel it.

[#160465] Written by: MrMacMan [22/05/2011, 18:23]
l&o: ci?

cancelled already?
i mean its only 4ep into this season and they just brought back the two main leads
[#160466] Written by: JennHillier [22/05/2011, 18:29]
what bothers me is that it is such a very long list. some of the shows on that list i quite enjoyed. lie to
me could have at least ended properly. it's been on the air long enough to warrant that. medium as
well, though that has been going slowly downhill for a while now. the good guys was hilarious with two
truly great lead actors. mad love was shaping up to be an awesome sitcom. they keep rules of
engagement instead? lord, how long can those people stay engaged and keep the show running? mad
love had much greater potential. suspect behaviour is another that had potential. the criminal minds
spinoff barely had enough time to show its individuality before getting axed. stargate universe was
okay, but to be honest i would have preferred more seasons of sg atlantis instead. i don't know about
everyone else, but i was thoroughly enjoying the cape. some of the other shows i hear were
interesting, even if i haven't given them a watch yet. and let's be honest. now that i know they're
being cancelled i am not likely to watch them because i hate the non-ending endings of cancelled
shows. and then there is detroit 1-8-7 which has a fellow newfoundlander playing a lead role, so of
course i was hoping that would go on. now with this extensive list of cancellations, what kind of crap
are they going to get to fill their empty slots. and out of the few new shows that we end up liking, how
many will reach the chopping block prematurely next year? honestly. it's no wonder people don't like to
get invested in tv programming anymore. it's not because they don't want to, i know i do, but what is
the point in getting invested in something that someone else unilaterally decides to trash? anyone else
think so too?
[#160467] Written by: grimsbain [22/05/2011, 18:35]
.... basically every show i watch is on that list.
[#160478] Written by: dbcad7 [22/05/2011, 22:34]
shows that i consider a mistake to cancel...
(in other words, your not going to come up with much better)
stargate universe
rubicon
no ordinary family
suspect behavior (needs tweaking not canceling)
the defenders

shows that don't deserving canceling...
(could use a better chance to develop, scheduling problems etc.. but replaceable)
the event
v
breaking in
outsourced
[#160479] Written by: Emitstop [22/05/2011, 22:41]
missing from this list:

rescue me (final season yet to air)
[#160546] Written by: kingdarko [23/05/2011, 10:11]
it was a crime to cancel rubicon, that show had all the making to becoming a classic.

i think it just goes to show what people these days are interested in. i think the majority of tv audiences
have the attention span of a brain damaged goldfish. it does cheer me up to see quite a few people upset
over rubicon, it does show that there are people which care for good quality, interesting programming.

what makes it worse are the trailers for the shows replacing these shows .... so much more trash.

expect next years list of cancellations to be longer.

[#160556] Written by: OneTrickPony [23/05/2011, 11:54]
i watched a number of the shows, but will really miss a few.

enjoyed lie to me, but i can understand why it was cancelled. tim roth's character was headed to a bad
place.

i will miss the defenders and human target. they both had great characters and a sense of humor.
[#160593] Written by: Timekeeper1 [23/05/2011, 21:00]
movie critic, thats exactly why rubicon was cancelled..
[#160594] Written by: Timekeeper1 [23/05/2011, 21:10]
they must be getting ready to switch over to internet tv(haha) because no one is watching regular
television anymore. probably why everything is getting cancelled even shows that don't warrant
getting cancelled. all my shows are now cancelled. be looking forward to seeing what new shows this
site brings me. i do believe some of these shows will be back though do to viewer outrage.
[#160598] Written by: asonetuh [23/05/2011, 21:52]
going to miss caprica and sg:u. v and the event are horrible excuses for sci fi.

part of the problem i think is everyone wants every hour to be a hit. unfortunately it's just not
going to happen; if show x is only getting 5% of the share because it's up against glee or
something, of course execs will want to cancel it. they'll put on idols 2.0 or something in that
slot, and take some of glee's share, but they're leaving all the "i don't want to watch singing on
tv" crowd holding their dicks in their hand. oh well, more masturbation for me i guess.
[#160602] Written by: rfunk [23/05/2011, 23:00]
outsourced! noooooooooooo. i guess i was the only person watching this show, but it's really funny.
although how the ended the season really left no where for the show to go, but i'm still disappointed. abc
and nbc really pumped out some crap this year though, besides a few jems.
[#160623] Written by: brad5786 [24/05/2011, 05:24]
chaos
chase
detroit 1-8-7
hellcats
human target
lie to me
lone star
mr. sunshine
persons unknown
the cape
the chicago code
the defenders
the event
the gates
the whole truth
undercovers
v
caprica
terriers

omg americans suck i loved all these shows i wish there were english programs they
would get canceled like these dum ass american channels keep doing thing they have
got enough viewers y dont they take a look at facebook and see how many fans they
got first..
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]