TV Packs only

The Big Bang Theory S05E18 HDTV x264-LOL

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#177590] Written by: sentret [24/02/2012, 00:27]
what does it matter that the groups changed codecs in the middle of the season?

why is someone still burning video onto dvds when streaming or file transferring does the same work?

if the codec is better, i think that's already the answer.
[#177598] Written by: sinclap2 [24/02/2012, 01:40]
does anyone know how to play a vhs tape on a blue-ray player?
[#177601] Written by: WBro [24/02/2012, 02:11]
Quote by doobiedoobiedoo
if i allow my upload to go over 30kbs, or below 10, the download speed drops off really quickly,
at
60 or so up i can only get around 40 down. once they are all finished dl i let them sit seeding for
a while at full up speed. i am not saying this is the same for you, but perhaps try it.

thanks for the suggestion, i used to get this problem with my adsl line and used to cap my upload to compensate. i should
have mentioned i have a cable connection and this issue doesn't apply, when i grabbed the mkv from elsewhere i was
maxing my upload and also downloading at 3mb/s at the same time (the joy of having a 50/5mbit connection). but thanks all
the same, i'm sure someone will benefit from the suggestion if they don't know about upload saturating your ability to
acknowledge downloaded packets.

to the chap who posted the scene info, thanks. i kinda assumed this would have been the case but as it was 3am and all i
wanted was tbbt before going to bed i was too lazy/tired to investigate my hunch.

not sure what i think of the usage of mp4 but as a creature of habit and someone reluctant of change i'm not too keen on
the change. i'm sure i'll get used to the idea and the smaller file size with comparable quality is simply a sign of change.

wb.
[#177603] Written by: xpmule [24/02/2012, 02:14]
..decided to stick with the avi's tonight
i was getting 3 shows and all three had a avi and an mp4 ver available
do tonight i had a choice for how long though ?
i support fqm, atleast until the end of the season
thanks for all the uploads tonight fqm
[#177623] Written by: Uberlime [24/02/2012, 04:24]
as prev. stated, only matters are :
[#177636] Written by: Nerdfury [24/02/2012, 05:26]
who the fuck cares what format they use? it's a free tv show that someone else has gone to the effort to
record, edit, rip, and upload, just so you ungrateful fucks can watch it without ads.

seriously. move out of your mother's house and learn to plug your computers into a tv like us grownups
have.
[#177642] Written by: khalid1122 [24/02/2012, 06:32]
if u want avi, 175 mb
from here
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7053962/the_big_bang_theory_s05e18_the_werewolf_transformation_hd
tv_xvid
[#177654] Written by: WBro [24/02/2012, 08:17]
Quote by verb
Quote by nerdfury
who the fuck cares what format they use? it's a free tv show that someone else has
gone to the effort to
record, edit, rip, and upload, just so you ungrateful fucks can watch it without ads.

seriously. move out of your mother's house and learn to plug your computers into a tv like us
grownups
have.

2nd best comment about 'the changeover' yet

if that was the second best comment i'd hate to see what ignorant piece of shit posted the best.
[#177668] Written by: WBro [24/02/2012, 09:25]
Quote by verb
Quote by wbro
Quote by verb
Quote by nerdfury
who the fuck cares what format they use? it's a free tv
show that someone else has
gone to the effort to

seriously. move out of your mother's house and learn to plug your computers into a tv like us
grownups
have.

2nd best comment about 'the changeover' yet

if that was the second best comment i'd hate to see what ignorant piece of shit posted the best.

3rd best! hehe

for the record, i'm neutral on this whole debacle. 'best' is my world is just comments i find funny in
some way. and now yours is number 3 with a bullet :d

awwww shucks.....normally i'm not one to attack a comment even when the poster of said comment really should be taken
out the front of eztv and be shot infront of their family. i had to make an exception this time, people posting reasonable,
constructive comments only for someone to post like a 13 year old (and now i have been forced to do likewise). im sure my
beast of a laptop can handle the mp4s with my current setup but not everyone is fortunate enough to have their computer
connected via hdmi to their phat-ass tvs.

time for me to move on, get high and allow the fury of nerds to slip back into their swamp. boom headshot! :d
[#177674] Written by: SEoF [24/02/2012, 11:20]
i can't play back x264 on any of my networked media players, so, it is now looking likely i am going to have to make a
move to another site, unless eztv give us the "video encoding" option in the rss feed.
[#177676] Written by: tinpusher [24/02/2012, 11:46]
let me start by saying i am perhaps the most resistant to change of any person you'll ever
encounter. from my outfits (shorts, flip-flops, hawaiian shirts in the summer, and jean, brogans,
and sweaters in the winter), to my car colors (i've never owned a car that wasn't black), to my
choice in deodorant, aftershave, etc. etc. etc., i find something that works and i stick to it. so,
needless to say, i was quite flustered by the recent changes in the "scene" to the new x264/mp4
release rules. "i want my xvid/avis!," i said.

my biggest concern, as i am sure is the same for many of you reading this, is compatibility. over
the past couple of years i have tried to watch a few x264/mkv encodes of movies that i just couldn't
find in xvid and my hardware was incapable of playing them. so, seeing "x264" in the new scene
releases scared the shit out of me. "oh no!," i thought, "will i not be able to watch my shows now?"
then i noticed the ".mp4" part.

so, i gritted my teeth and decided to download one and give it a go. once complete, i threw it in my
tversity share folder (tversity is set to never convert) and fired up the xbox360. it played perfectly.

next came the real test. i like to be able to watch my shows "on the go." i have two devices which i
use for this purpose; here were the results of my test.

phone: htc desire z (t-mobile g2) 1ghz processor
rooted running cyanogenmod 7 nightly #263
played perfectly using mxvideo player (available free on android market)

ereader: nook color 1ghz processor
wiped the crappy barnes and noble stuff and rooted to turn it into a tablet. running android 4.0
played perfectly using mxvideo player

i know this has been long winded but i'm getting to the end so just bear with me a little longer.

so, the new scene releases passed my tests with flying colors. i was able to play them at home
without conversion and on the go without stuttering frame rates or sync issues. there may be an
increase in quality, but to be honest, i can't see it. but i can't tell the difference between a
128kbps cbr mp3 and the fancy ogg vorbis files either so i am no judge where quality is concerned.
i'll let others who are more qualified fill in those gaps. the bonus, it seems to me, is the smaller
file sizes. my isp imposes a 250gb monthly bandwidth cap which i frequently come very, very, close
to exceeding and the new smaller files will help with that. so, since i'll be the first to admit,
that i can use all the help i can get, this is a change that i can live with.
[#177683] Written by: billytk [24/02/2012, 12:23]
what is this bull $h!t where is the avi file??? i can't belive i just wasted time and bandwidth only
to find out this is a useless mp4!!!
[#177684] Written by: billytk [24/02/2012, 12:24]
Quote by khalid1122
if u want avi, 175 mb
from here
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7053962/the_big_bang_theory_s05e18_the_werewolf_transformation_hd
tv_xvid

thanks!! looks like eztv has almost run it's course time to find a new place to get tv shows from
[#177686] Written by: billytk [24/02/2012, 12:28]
Quote by wbro
not that i'm overly bothered but it seems a strange choice going for lols .mp4 x264 when the
previous posts were .avis, especially when fqm have an .avi available.

glad at least fqm is around screw lol and thier bs i'll have to make sure all torrents are from fqm
as of now
[#177687] Written by: billytk [24/02/2012, 12:30]
why isn't eztv uploading the fqm .avi's instead of just this useless lol crap anyway???? does anyone
know what site fqm uploads to so i can get my stuff there in the future?
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]