TV Packs only

The Americans 2013 S01E10 720p HDTV X264-DIMENSION

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#198224] Written by: wynn [11/04/2013, 04:18]
this show is simply amazing. priority up, please!
[#198228] Written by: NoGod4Me [11/04/2013, 05:37]
it's ok, i don't think its amazing. it's certainly no homeland.
[#198238] Written by: wynn [11/04/2013, 08:42]
aye, it's very different from homeland. i very much like both, although i prefer the americans for
its overall theme and depiction of that time period and conflict. great show with some great
writing and acting, in my opinion
[#198242] Written by: J4kez [11/04/2013, 11:21]
i feel the same about homeland being better, but this show sure is fun
[#198249] Written by: NoGod4Me [11/04/2013, 14:58]
the problem with this show is its just too lightweight. i've been reading a lot of john le carre
novels recently and they are master-classes in the subtle details of spy craft. the details are
where this show lets itself down. for example, the ease with which the sexy russian embassy chick
was turned, the way she blatantly questions her superiors about things that don't concern her and
doesn't raise their suspicions, the fact she seems to be able to just wander out of the embassy
whenever she feels like it to meet an fbi agent in a car in plain view on the street. the list goes
on...
[#198251] Written by: wynn [11/04/2013, 15:40]
true, it gets off too easy in some aspects, and it's definitely not heavyweight at all in that
particular department - i mean, when it comes to spy-craft specifically. but at the same time it
feels much more real as well, as the whole setting is just so much more plain and simple. if you
buy the story it works very well with what it has. if you really wanna pick details and focus mainly
on errors that's more or less always possible with most shows.

don't get me wrong, i love homeland too. damian lewis is as great as ever and claire danes is
just shockingly good in that role in my opinion. there's the not that great ones as well though. all
in all i very much get why most like homeland better of the two though. it's one of my favourite
shows as well.

i just think that the americans has done an amazing job with what they have. both the writing,
acting, shooting, audio, etc. captures the atmosphere and period of the early 80s so well. and
the storytelling and whole feel to it is quite up there, in my humble opinion at least
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]