[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#213324] Written by: decanos78 [30/04/2014, 02:00]
okay, i'll start the riot.. lol!
i really didnt like this episode, it was boring as hell and for a lead in for
the new supernatural spin-off, it did'nt do to well for me. sam & dean
seemed like they were over-acting to try and get people more into the
episode to make people look at the new series starting soon, i was just
cringing at all the gorgonzola cheese acting/dialogue throughout the episode.
and all the stories that the new show was trying to feed us for this "bloodlines"
hype.. i mean come on.. lol.. (dont read on unless you want spoilers for this
episode)

SPOILER ALERT - (highlight to read)
the one boy.. girlfriend killed, father presumed dead but is alive.. thats
"supernatural's" 1st few seasons story and sam's story later on in another season
there. what's the bet the father left his family to protect them from others and that
might have wanted to hurt them.. that's "the tomorrow people's" story.
the shapeshifter guy.. he left family to try and be more human cos he likes humans
but has now returned to the family because of clan/species/breed war thats innevitably
going to happen.. that's "bittens" story. and the shocker! .. it's all interwoven with..
a "romeo & juliet" love story of two opposing clans. oh! and what was with the freddy
kreuger rip-off?

there's just way too mny similarities with other shows in this "bloodlines" supernatural
spin-off, they could have come up with better ideas. if this is where the new show
is going to head then i seriously think it will only last 1 season, but no shocker there
with all the sci-fi shows that get cancelled after 1 season.

i'll give the new show a few episodes but if it was like this episode, i got a feeling im
really not going to like it, oh well. on another note.. question! is this the 1st time
in supernatural that sam & dean has ever gone to a major city in an episode? i cant
seem to recall any others, there's been towns/villages.. ect.. but just cant recall any
cities and i just watched every season on catch-up again over the past 2 months and
yet my mind is blank.. (probably all the tv i watch).
[#213332] Written by: BoonesFerry [30/04/2014, 03:21]

the spin-off has not been picked up yet...it's in 'development'.
who knows, maybe it wont be picked up.
we will have to wait and see.

[#213343] Written by: decanos78 [30/04/2014, 12:22]
well judging by this episode one side of me hope they pick it up so i can see if it would
get any better in a few episodes but another side of me is thinking cos of this episode
hope they dont pick it up.. well, we'll just have to wait and see no doubt sum1 will
pick it up though if it's to do with supernatural.. and chances of sam and dean appearing
in other episodes.. as what has been stated by the producers, but nothings definate.
[#213351] Written by: Magicman2051 [30/04/2014, 16:24]
so much angst, you could have bottled it and sold it to rebellious rich kids.

based on this as a pilot i'm seriously doubting the veracity of "bloodlines" to hold on to the same audience
that started watching supernatural back in season one, they have some far more interesting angles to
explore and if they were going to do something like this then i'd have preferred they ditch the "oc" vibe
and instead go full "ultraviolet" (the tv series).
[#213354] Written by: Movie Critic [30/04/2014, 20:41]
something about the writing , especially towards the end felt so corny that i had to wonder if it was one of
the parody episodes.

it may work as a one off or a recurring 'godfather with fangs' place as dean called it, but not as a new
series, i kept waiting for them to introduce the hook but that didn't really happen.

and the kid having a ring as a necklace seemed real kitschy and lame.

the potentially interesting thing was the mystery hunter turned killer but they just executed him in an
unintelligent way and without a word let the werewolf and shifter go eat some more humans... happy times.

[#213377] Written by: ockraz [01/05/2014, 08:15]
awful! just horrible.

no one has hit on the similarities with what i think is the show closest to this,
and what the show could be if handled better... kindred: the embraced.
dean called bloodlines, "godfather with fangs." ken tucker of entertainment
weekly compared kindred to the godfather "soaked in blood,"

kindred only lasted 8 eps in 1996, so here's a description from wikipedia
for those who don't know it:

"police detective frank kohanek discovers his city is home to numerous vampires while
investigating alleged mobster, julian luna. julian is the "prince" of the city, ruler of five species of
vampires in the city, collectively called "the kindred". the vampires survive through the
"masquerade", disguising themselves as humans, and julian strictly enforces the laws that govern
them to protect their anonymity. julian and frank form an uneasy bond as they work together to
try to prevent a vampire war and julian struggles with his romantic feelings for human reporter
caitlin byrne."

compare that to bloodlines:
police detective's son ennis discovers his city is home to numerous supernatural creatures
while investigating the death of his fiancee, five clans of monsters (werewolves, shapeshifters,
vampires, djinns & wraiths) secretly rule the city. the creatures survive by disguising themselves
as humans. when his elder brother is killed, dave becomes the heir apparent to the leadership of
the shapeshifters. he forms an uneasy alliance with ennis to solve the murders and prevent a war
between monster clans while he struggles with his forbidden romantic feelings for a werewolf girl.
[#213378] Written by: ockraz [01/05/2014, 08:16]
Quote by decanos78
question! is this the 1st time
in supernatural that sam & dean has ever gone to a major city in an episode? i cant
seem to recall any others, there's been towns/villages.. ect.. but just cant recall any
cities

* * * * warning: contains spoilers of past seasons * * * *

no. in fact, they went to chicago in the very first season. the first meg used some kind of shadow
monsters to kill people to lure them there. when they had the first werewolf hunt (the morrigan
from lost girl), they were in san francisco. their first shapeshifter (who got dean framed for
murder) was in st. louis. the bank robbery was in milwaukee. they were in a haunted apartment
building in philadelphia when dean let jo try hunting.

it does make sense that if you don't want to be discovered as a monster, it'd be easier to conceal
yourself if you can hunt/hide in the woods and move from one small town to another. that's
basically the strategy of most of the boogeymen on the show. even the jewel staite character (i'll
never completely forgive dean for killing poor sweet kaylee!) was trying that - and probably would
have succeeded if not sam hadn't had knowledge of her from childhood.

i can't remember any episodes set in la or nyc, although i think one was in albany. there're too
damn much tv set in those cities anyway. i like that they seem to avoid the acela corridor and
socal. writers who set everything their kind of suck. i like all the little cities and towns in
supernatural. one episode took place in my hometown
[#213383] Written by: ockraz [01/05/2014, 10:21]
Quote by magicman2051
i'd have preferred they ditch the "oc" vibe
and instead go full "ultraviolet" (the tv series).

tattoo79 recommended ultraviolet when dracula came out in october.
it took more than a little hunting, but i found a copy online. i liked it.
the vampires were much more daunting - apparently unkillable and
bent on total domination - kind of like the leviathans on supernatural,
except without the goofiness.

if anyone is interested, kindred is available from torrenthound.
what i liked about it was that each clan was one of the different
versions of vampire that you find in fiction: ranging from the swoon
inducing byronic antihero to uber creepy schreck/orlock. apparently
it was based on a rpg (a game, not a grenade) and a friend of mine
who played it said it was good, but i can't verify that.
[#213635] Written by: BoonesFerry [09/05/2014, 15:19]

fyi: on all the prominent tv entertainment sites yesterday/today...
the cw passes on chicago-based "supernatural" spinoff.

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]