Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » TV-News » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#118281] Written by: liverpoolfc [14/09/2009, 19:24]
another one bites to dust!!
[#118284] Written by: Mromson [14/09/2009, 20:19]
can't say i blame them if it's cancelled - i found the show incredibly boring and stale.
[#118290] Written by: Assmunch [14/09/2009, 20:55]
i'll definitely miss it. i liked it and the actors worked for me, a real shame.
[#118292] Written by: emtorbust [14/09/2009, 20:58]
i enjoyed it but see why it may have been lost...its not lost. the big secret didnt have enough little
secrets. lost drags on but gives you little enticements to keep watching..

not sure how after the last episode you can cancel?? if i am correct the next episode finally would
reveal what beta is(my guess is alien duh)..should have at least given it until that episode aired. i liked
the actors ,the story had some room for development. tech stuff was alright and even made some
sense..i wont cry over this like i did with firefly but am a little bummed. i did watch every week, and
since office space and band of brothers i have been a fan of ron livingston..oh well the suits do what
they do, create and destroy !
[#118295] Written by: pclearner [14/09/2009, 21:19]
it is excellent. we need to start a write in campaign. it was aimed at the wrong demographics. well
done, good effects and acting. we need shows like this on the air!
[#118297] Written by: joe2.0 [14/09/2009, 21:28]
i am really getting fed up with abc. this is the second time that they "pull out the rug" from under
me. first with another good sci-fi in kyle xy (on abc family) and now this one with defying gravity!
why wouldn't they just let a show end for once? defying gravity did move kind of slow onto the
sci-fi stuff but it was finally getting interesting (especially this "last" episode!!!)... this is
what we get for actually getting into a show on that network.

to the first poster talking about watching paint dry... i agree with you 100% on the reality shows
being crap
[#118298] Written by: solitaire [14/09/2009, 21:38]
to me the whole series (although very good!) was a total failure of story over pitch!

the story was a great idea! (mysterious item pulling humans around the solar-system)

but the pitch!
"gray's anatomy in space!" wtf!?! what did they do in that meeting?!? write tv shows on bits of
paper and stuff them into one hat and in another hat stick in bits of paper with random words on
them then pick one from each hat at random then said: "run with it"!!!!

it would have made a amazing "event" mini-series (cut out bits here and there) spread it over 2
weeks (5 x 1h:30m shows a week) it was paced to slow for a weekly tv show. but great for a daily
mini-series!

apart from a few basic plot-line errors (like brining in the pod 4 entity to early!) keep the
audience guessing for more than the first episode!! come on! also the fact that because the brought
in the entity this early, now people assume that all the characters will survive and that is
terrible when it comes to keeping an audience gripped (it's ok one the show is established to make
them survive everything!) but at first the viewers need to feel like the characters on screen are
actually in danger!

ok rant over!

^_^ off to chill.....
[#118305] Written by: Neom555 [14/09/2009, 22:16]
abc cant cancel the show, it is made and run by ctv, a canadian company, all abc can do is stop
airing the episodes. it also doesnt help that they never promoted the show!
[#118311] Written by: crazyivan [14/09/2009, 23:57]
defying gravity = fail from the start with babies and guys talking to the camera about their
feelings. stop trying to claim that it was somehow good sci-fi. it was a ridiculous attempt to
pander to an exploding demographic, the female children of illegal aliens, all 15million of them in
california.
[#118322] Written by: Brock Alexander [15/09/2009, 03:39]
was enjoyable and was building with pod 4 etc... i am not surprised as i guess the main criticism was the
continued 5 year flashbacks was starting to grind me down.

dont forget other great shows that didnt last other than firefly for me was threshold & odyssey 5. both
brilliant in my book and this wasnt anywhere near that level.
[#118345] Written by: david3uk [15/09/2009, 10:26]
defying gravityis a good soild show. as weeks go buy it was getting better and better well
....sound like firefly again.....
[#118361] Written by: lexius [15/09/2009, 14:05]
here's an idea for the geniuses (read major sarcasm) of corporate tv, if you put on a new show and
wanna attract viewers, don't run it at 10pm on sunday!
[#118367] Written by: ardilla [15/09/2009, 16:23]
at last something different i thought, was really enjoying the show, the character build ups were
fantastic, great acting and impressive ship effects and stage sets. it was just about to get really
interesting with the crew realising that pod 4 was a bit on the dodgy side. i despair of anything
decent appearing on tv anymore, dumbed down shows for the masses and nothing else, utter shit! do
they not remember star trek? look at what that turned into despite early doubts and bad ratings!
this is the second time i've been disappointed with the studios this year! first it was the unusuals
now defying gravity. at least the unusuals completed it's first run, but cutting off a show right in
the middle is an insult to the viewers obviously we don't mean much to the studios. i feel like i've
been left behind on mars! get a grip on yourselves and give it a chance.
[#118379] Written by: nikaido [15/09/2009, 22:20]
Quote by zkirkpatrick
rip:
- stargate (though it had a good run and is coming back again as sg:u)
-

stargate sg-1 i have to say ran it's course (especially with the movie releases). and atlantis will
be back with a movie called stargate extinction (script already finished) so they can finally finish
off the wraith.

but yea, don't die. at least there will be fan-fictions that will continue the story.
[#118385] Written by: captain-tank [16/09/2009, 01:47]
its a fantastic show. get rid of all these shit reality shows and give us some good sci fi drama.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]