Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » TV-News » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#118390] Written by: anymouse [16/09/2009, 03:33]
Quote by solitaire
the story was a great idea! (mysterious item pulling humans around the
solar-system)

they even had it set up to do a planet per year. i love that, in general, tv shows are doing long
form story arcs. veronica mars is a good example of doing a mystery of the week plus a season-long
story or two. lost is the best at this, but too involved for some.

anyway, back to defying gravity. i was getting upset that we were making no progress on finding out
about the entity in pod 4. i don't mind being teased it you give me a little something to ruminate
on, but nothing happened! watching 108 last week made me angry. we we are, again! with no more info
on pod 4.

maybe they gaveaway too much too soon on this. i dunno, but i didn't care much about the grey's
anatomy soap opera aspects of the show. characters, story, a nice space mystery.... defying gravity
was close to delivering. now we'll never know. godspeed dg.
[#118400] Written by: Raider88 [16/09/2009, 06:22]
it was the whole dragging thing out forever. i got the point that donner had a vasectomy and it healed, i got that he was a
decent guy in episode 1 and 2 and then 3 and yet again in episodes 6,7 and 8. that he never lied to the girl, but she thought
he did. that there was something in the pod. but 8 weeks of we know it's there, let us see it already. it wasn't as if we didn't
know about it as they showed us what it does from day 1 and talk about it so often. just got annoying.

i liked the series and the cast. but at times it reminded me of the bit in studio 60 when jordan mcdeer signs up a series on
the un. her boss says "great, just what the american people want to see. an hour of the exciting goings on at the united
nations there's a ratings winner!."

maybe, it was trying too hard to cover too many bases. shame it won't get that chance. maybe more action and less
flashbacks and over labouring the points.

i agree veronica mars did a good job of telling a weekly story, but including the larger picture. think here they weren't quite
there.
[#118967] Written by: SirDeimos [22/09/2009, 20:57]
after watching the first two episodes of the unexpectedly short running of defying gravity, i found
the only way for a sci fi fan to enjoy this show was to simply skip past all of the inconsequential
flashbacks. it started to feel more like a blending of other shows than a new series. the
discontinuous timeline was clearly shaped after the format of lost, the entire premise of the show
felt like the pilot "virtuality" which aired a few months ago, and the twinkly sound effects to
represent emotions was reminiscent of grey's anatomy.

the show had a great premise, with a mysterious entity controlling events form the background, and
semi-realistic space physics (all but the lacking concept of inertia and use of super luminous
transmissions was fine), but what realyl left me thinking "this show sucks" was half the episode
wasted by meaningless flashbacks which had no bearing on the story. one mention of the blond girl's
pregnancy by the office space guy would have been sufficient, but the writers wasted over a full
episode dealing with an abortion that happened well before the interesting events of the space
journey happened. then we find out she aborted it and it's like a kick in the nuts, as if the whole
sequence was a dream and you wasted your time watching.

"grey's anatomy in space" is a really terrible psuedonym, since sci fi fans rarely find grey's
anatomy interesting, and vis-versa. i do like grey's anatomy and am a avid sci fi fan. as i
watched this show
i saw was a hacked up collection of ideas which lead to a heterogeneous storyline and genre.

"jack of all trades - master of none" best describes the format of this show. it didn't push any
one genre to new heights, but instead sought the middle ground of sci fi and dramedy in order to
squeeze out a giant piece of shit.

i couldn't be happier that they cancelled this show and i hope it teaches a lesson about where
"grey's anatomy" type writing belongs. in grey's anatomy.

-sir deimos

ps: i whole-heartedly agree that firefly was awesome and should have at least 4 seasons to it. i've
never seen a more perfect role for that actress (the terminator from scc) since "the 4400"; another
good show that couldn't run it's course.

sorry i'm so bad with names!
[#119074] Written by: aloyoon [23/09/2009, 18:17]
flashbacks annoy every one not just in this show even with lost most of the flashbacks really have
no point at all
[#119283] Written by: bibell [25/09/2009, 10:58]
i liked it
[#120072] Written by: andy141 [03/10/2009, 17:44]
defying gravity maybe of the air on abc but the space channel in canada is still running it on friday
nights according to there site. space is one of ctv family and episode 10 was he latest shown with the
rest shown weekly on friday

hopefully someone in canada maybe able to get it and share it please.
[#120120] Written by: c0ld [04/10/2009, 14:54]
Quote by andy141
episode 10 was he latest shown with the rest shown weekly on friday

defying.gravity.s01e10.hdtv.xvid-ch3xm3x just got upped to a.b.teevee.
[#120595] Written by: basel [10/10/2009, 12:36]
Quote by c0ld
Quote by andy141
episode 10 was he latest shown with the rest shown weekly on friday

defying.gravity.s01e10.hdtv.xvid-ch3xm3x just got upped to a.b.teevee.

anyone got episode 11 "solitary"

http://www.spacecast.com/shows/defyinggravity.aspx#

many thanks, i like the idea of the show but agree with your views on the flashbacks
[#120660] Written by: c0ld [11/10/2009, 12:29]
defying.gravity.s01e11.solitary.xvid.sdtv is on usenet. not on mininova though.
[#120661] Written by: c0ld [11/10/2009, 12:34]
http://www.mininova.org/tor/3036534
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]