TV Packs only

Mininova limits its activities to Content Distribution service

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » TV-News » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#123856] Written by: tribut3 [28/11/2009, 07:23]
the problem with mininova going down is not the loss of torrents (or the tracker), the problem is the
loss of community. the nearest public trackers to mininova's community are tpb , which everyone will
probably have to wait a year for the other shoe to drop, and demonoid, which is down. everything
(other than private sites and the aforementioned sites) that's left is indexes. yes, i know about
1337x and the like, but they are going though pains too atm.

so you have the community's members scattered to the four corners (private sites, random sites,
usenet and just quit) and it will probably be a while until they coalesce around one site again.
tis' a sad day indeed.
[#123865] Written by: missright [28/11/2009, 09:08]
good bye mininova, we'll all miss you.
the morning after they shut down, i didn't want to wake up. there was nothing to cheer me up so i
get out the bed, i'm very sad
[#123938] Written by: tikz [29/11/2009, 19:18]
1337x.org is worth checking out, now that mini is gone, which is just sad
(1337.org/old - till they finish new design)
[#124006] Written by: sneakyzeal [01/12/2009, 23:00]
Quote by tribut3
the problem with mininova going down is not the loss of torrents (or the tracker),
the problem is the
loss of community.

so you have the community's members scattered to the four corners (private sites, random sites,
usenet and just quit) and it will probably be a while until they coalesce around one site again.
tis' a sad day indeed.

completely agree - the thought of people never 'coalescing' around one site again scares the crap
out of me because it'll be the end of bt :/
[#124035] Written by: Nothingness [02/12/2009, 03:47]
i'm sad as well with the loss of mininova. one of things i loved about it is that is says if the torrents are
private, have passwords, and the community is active and were often leaving comments, so you can
often get informations there about the files. on other bitorrent websites, i have sometimes downloaded
files by mistake due to private torrents or with passwords because the websites were not showing it.
with mininova i never made that mistake again.
[#124053] Written by: ceejay [02/12/2009, 23:16]
sad to see you go mininova..

regarding..isohunt and btjunkie..they are good sites only problem with them is when you want a torrent
you dont find any comments so i'ts pot luck if i'ts a good one or not. kickass torrents the same.

so at the momment i will waite for demonoid to come back or maybe use 1337x.

long live eztv.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]