TV Packs only

Syfy Cancels 'Stargate Universe'

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » TV-News » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#150661] Written by: squareeyes [16/01/2011, 21:01]
a lot of episodes felt like filler and thats a shame. us being human... booooo! just give the brits
the money.
[#150662] Written by: agrocalm [16/01/2011, 21:19]
syfi channel sucks what a shame
[#150663] Written by: Val [16/01/2011, 21:44]
fuck syfy ! look at them, all big and shit, killing sg and caprica and instead keeping totally
stupid shows like w13 and haven... come on, what the hell ? a us version of being human ? like
americans could do a good show with english material.
caprica was fucking awesome, great cast, great soundtrack, great storyline that was finally
beginning to kick some serious ass... and sgu was, well, somewhat lame at times but kept getting
better and better. both shows should have kept going at least one more season...
i'm so angry at these guys, seriously. i hope syzygy will pick up on our need for real sf shows and
kill fucking syfy. they don't deserve to keep airing after all this shit. shame on them.

edit : oh and yeah dresden files was way better dude. totally agree with you there.
[#150672] Written by: Puki78 [16/01/2011, 23:34]
i'm surprised that so many people are surprised... the show was crap. 3 descent episodes in the
whole season, the rest was like soap opera on a space ship. there was never a clear direction in
which the show was moving, not in characterdesign and not storywise. that's why no one was watching
this anymore and that's why they axed them now. will not miss that show next season.
[#150674] Written by: kitsumimaru [16/01/2011, 23:38]
typical.

shitty crap ball ache of a show *just* started to get good, so clearly it's time to cancel it.

hey syfy, lrn2screenplay
[#150679] Written by: Savre [17/01/2011, 00:47]

no cap, no gate, no syfy in the world. i guess im gonna have to watch that season of voyager i
missed. xd
[#150680] Written by: slimreturns [17/01/2011, 01:40]
i'm done with scyfy or however the hell they spell it now. when is the us gonna get a real science
fiction channel that actually supports its shows and doesn't freak out when a show provokes its
viewers to use their brains from time to time or understand how character development is integral to
developing the psychology for character behavior? any of the shows they've renewed i can "watch"
while playing video games or reading a book (that's right, some of us read also) and not miss any of
the plots. so apparently since becoming the home for "rasslin" their overall market strategy has
been to dumb down their complete lineup of shows to appeal to 13 year-old john cena fans.

this isn't even about sgu any more. this is about the future of sci-fi television in the us. the
only possible hope for sci-fi in the us is that a network comes along with big money backing run by
sci-fi fans for sci-fi fans, and using the terms "big money backing" and "sci-fi fans" when
discussing the us television industry is..... well, futile. it would be nice if a network like
showtime (which is where our beloved stargate television universe got its start) or its parent
company cbs would have the balls to do something similar to what rainbow media holdings and
cablevision did with amc. establish or alter a pre-existing network and really dedicate it to
science fiction. i truly believe that until that day happens, there's no point in getting involved
in any intelligent show with a planned long story arch. someone save our sci-fi!
[#150686] Written by: FuryX [17/01/2011, 02:49]
it was pretty obvious it was going to get cancelled. stargate in sgu is completely lost...its more like
stargalactica.

they should have created a stargate series...not a soap opera drama...

stargate sg1 - set 10-15 years in the future.....do a story from there...

i mean we barely saw the stargate in action..in sgu
[#150691] Written by: JeanLucPicard [17/01/2011, 03:37]
Quote by beard
the fat dude blamed illegal pirates on his twitter post heh

yeah right ... i did d/l all episodes but guess what is located right in my dvd closet:

stargate: the movie (original steelbook edition)
10 seasons of stargate sg1 (original dvd box sets)
5 seasons of stargate atlantis (original dvd box sets)
stargate: the ark of truth (original)
stargate: continuum (original)

oh yeah ... wait

the 1st season of stargate: universe (original dvd box set)

so hell yeah i'm a pirate ... a pirate that buys his favourite shows on dvd/bd once they hit the
shelves.

that piracy talk is so pathetic ...
[#150720] Written by: DaveDiablo [17/01/2011, 10:09]
Quote by jeanlucpicard
Quote by beard
the fat dude blamed illegal pirates on his twitter post heh

yeah right ... i did d/l all episodes but guess what is located right in my dvd closet:

stargate: the movie (original steelbook edition)
10 seasons of stargate sg1 (original dvd box sets)
5 seasons of stargate atlantis (original dvd box sets)
stargate: the ark of truth (original)
stargate: continuum (original)

oh yeah ... wait

the 1st season of stargate: universe (original dvd box set)

so hell yeah i'm a pirate ... a pirate that buys his favourite shows on dvd/bd once they hit the
shelves.

that piracy talk is so pathetic ...

i am the same had they retained the team dynamic from the 1st 2 series with some believable &
likeable character it would have worked sadly the destiny was crewed with personality disorders &
depressives.

dd

[#150721] Written by: DaveDiablo [17/01/2011, 10:11]
i meant to say for every ep i downloaded i also got dvd's except universe which i promptly deleted &
felt no compulsion top rewatch.

[#150723] Written by: esign [17/01/2011, 11:22]
i'm one of the fans who were suspicious of the concept, but decided to give it a chance. i was wrong
about the concept; it had some potential. sadly, that potential was never developed, with the show
focusing on poorly scripted personal stories, dilemmas and intrigue. even so, it was one of the best
new sci-fi shows out there (sadly).

the stargate franchise has a history of bad decisions.

they canceled sg-1 while it was still going strong. i guess they were worried that it wouldn't
handle the changes needed to keep it fresh. still, the show was far from slipping, and the did a
lousy job at wrapping up the plot lines. it's dangerous to alienate your customers, but this time
they lucked out.

sga managed both to pull the old fans back in and renew the fanbase. then they messed up again. they
canceled atlantis, yet another show doing well at the time. worse, this time, they made no effort at
all to wrap up the storyline. now they didn't just have alienated fans, they had angry and insulted
fans. apparently, they were completely oblivious to the dangers of offending their customers.

this time they didn't luck out. many previous fans found the new show lacking. new fans were
elusive. worse than this, many old fans never returned even to give sgu a chance. most found the
concept uninteresting, and i suspect some also didn't want to get invested in plot lines that
wouldn't pan out. whoever wants to watch the start of a movie if they know it'll stop in the middle?

these ex-fans were a source of negative publicity, and didn't help the recruitment of new fans much.
still, the main blame is on the show itself. the basic sg concept is inescapably hard core sci-fi.
it's interplanetary, it's aliens, it's weird new places, it's future and alien technology. this only
appeals to hard core sci-fi fans. then they slapped on a plethora of subplots that would appeal
mainly to those who aren't looking for hard core sci-fi, and neglected basic logic on the actual
sci-fi parts.

i have no idea what they were thinking. i still have no idea what they are thinking. the fans are
still there, and most will be eager to return. what they have to offer is some real sg, concept and
plot both, and some hope of continuity instead of abruptly severed story lines. perhaps, at some
time in the future, they'll come to their senses and do this.
[#150747] Written by: pixelslut [17/01/2011, 17:01]
Quote by furyx

they should have created a stargate series...not a soap opera drama...

i mean we barely saw the stargate in action..in sgu

i like drama... particularly ina sci-fi setting. i mena im not aopposed to action but i prefer it
coupled with good drama and long involved stories... preferably with interpersonal and political
intrigue. thats why i loved bsg as well as caprica. if i just want action i can always watch nikita
or human target, there are tons of action shows on tv...

[#150771] Written by: mattdrum [17/01/2011, 20:07]
this was the best news i've read in regard to a cancellation. this show was never anything more than an attempt by syfy
to keep the stargate name on air without having to pay money to people who could actually demand more per episode
than they spent on the entire sgu cast. ever, despite the fact that it was improving slowly the fact is the entire first season
was basically 20 episodes of dr rush telling everyone how awesome and brilliant he was, and his tirades were only
interrupted by people f****** each other (literally or figuratively), if they'd gone straight from "air" to season 2 they
might have stood a chance but sadly they chose to pollute a potentially great story with robert carlye's atrociously bad
acting
[#150773] Written by: highlander888 [17/01/2011, 20:20]
sgu cancelled? this doesn't surprise me at all.

i'm actually surprised it lasted this long. the writing sucked.
they really had nowhere to go with the story so they created these random aliens.
but they really didn't fill out any of the alien backstories leaving the audience perplexed
and eventually losing interest. too many unknowns and not enough explanations.
after a while of this, who cares?

also, the plot wasn't tight. too many "filler" episodes. but other sci-fi shows
are guilty of this too (ahem, fringe). too much meandering.
keep the story moving!

glad they're keeping warehouse 13 and haven but i also note these shows are still tba!

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]