eztv.wf | eztvstatus.org
Search title:  
TV Packs only

"SGU" Cancelled While "Sanctuary" Has Been Renewed!

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » TV-News » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#151520] Written by: esign [23/01/2011, 08:47]
Quote by rajajuju
but who gives a shit about my record?

the ones who want you to watch their shows, if they've got any sense.
[#151522] Written by: esign [23/01/2011, 09:05]
rajajuju:

yeah, movies... unfortunately, wrapping up storylines would be giving the fans what they want.
apparently, they're assuming that insulting the fans and making them waste their time on
never-to-pan-out storylines is the best approach for commercial success. there were supposed to be
movies after sga as well. they figured that the profits wouldn't be high enough, and, obviously,
satisfying the fans is just bad for business. they wouldn't risk cultivating the fan base. they're
about as good at rational decision making as colonel young is.

perhaps the writers could have afforded to "diddle themselves over how 'complex' and 'innovative'
their plots are", if the plots had actually been complex and innovative. i, for one, would like some
complex and innovative sci.fi..

and, you're right, the show had potential, and was perhaps on the verge of putting it to use. i
guess we'll see over the final few episodes. i don't have high hopes, though. if they can screw it
up, they will. have no doubt!
[#152520] Written by: moneymaddness [05/02/2011, 21:06]
i knew sgu would get canceled but it was getting a little better in my books
[#160981] Written by: darthvengeant [31/05/2011, 22:40]
this is just more proof that the corporate pigs over at syfy really don't want any sci-fi on their
station any longer. they admitted it not long ago in an interview, i read it myself. they spit in
the face of all sci-fi fans and the people that watched the station for years. syfy has turned into
one large epic fail.
[#161527] Written by: Rasorback [09/06/2011, 07:38]
i am sick of investing my time in shows that either get cancelled or has years between epps.

yes they need to learn that the only way to make something successful is to stick to it. be
reliable, have the balls to finish what they start.

if they pick a focus and get there, people will hang around to see what happens. if they chop and
change direction or leave the viewers hanging for months, or longer, at a time waiting for the next
epp, people are going to give up. my god if mackers takes more than 5 minutes to give you your
burger we start tapping our fingers!

well i'm one of those people that are giving up.
[#161644] Written by: osh [11/06/2011, 22:54]
same here you get into a new series only for it to be dumped not only this year but over the last
few years as i can remember here goes my list. this year alone. sgu (2years), the event, v, lights
out, the cape, caruso, endgame. the chicargo code, off the map outscorced, breaking in, chaos,
chase, dark blue, undercovers,the gates, no ordinary family, to name a few then other yeras like
journeyman, my own worst enemy, easy money, eleventh hour, kyle xyz, dirty sexy money, eli stone,
flash forward, kings, life unexpected. terminator sarah conner cronicals, dollhouse, the border,
intelligene to name a few, never mind the other great favorites such as stargates, bsg, 24. human
target, lie to me, lost. heros, smallville, the unit
yes i watch a lot of tv im ill so not much else to do as i dont sleep much either but out of them
all up there i will miss no stargate being on tv or none to come in the future?? bohooo. also
series which have closed with great promicethis year but have just been canned such as the event
the gates outscouced and year before flash forward but also the bread and butter as i thought such
as 24, heros. lost , smallville, lie to me and some time ago the unit all where great and i will
miss them and still do miss the older ones

but out of this what rearlly gets me is im in england and most of this years shows that have now
finished over there in the us are being shown on the uk channles and are part way through i wonder
how many channels would take them or viewers watch then if they knew that they would only get one
series and be left hanging high and dry???? or
[#161844] Written by: btfunky777 [15/06/2011, 17:00]
i'm sick of shows with hanging plots at the end. sgu pretty much killed syfy for me. i'd be a
little stupid to start watching another series on syfy as they will cancel once ratings drop a point
too low. i'll watch something else, thank you.
[#162116] Written by: saifon [20/06/2011, 22:36]
cunts
[#164415] Written by: Tiantan [01/08/2011, 23:27]
.....sooooo , what did anyone expect from a channel that puts on wrestling, or horror-reality
crap that has no scifi value at all ..........for scifi fans, at least.

i'm sure the network got paid more for wrestling which is why they aired that crap. they also
probably got better paid for the horror junk which should have been put on chiller channel
anyway.

wrestling isn't even authentic, it's all staged and choreographed. drama queens with muscles.

when money is the sole criteria for your actions, you lose customers and fans / friends.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]