TV Packs only

TERRA NOVA Canceled!

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » TV-News » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#179303] Written by: lv2tl71 [07/03/2012, 15:56]
great concept and fantastic cast (mostly) but god it was dull!

no loss at all, lets hope they pull falling skies too! spielberg should stay away from the small screen!
[#179305] Written by: Agromono [07/03/2012, 16:04]
Quote by moneill77
terra nova was shot in new zealand so that added to the costs. the final double episode
was pretty
good, but the rest was a bit blah.

there has still been no word on fringe ending. last year they did not announce the renewal until
march 24th so there is still time. if they are ending they have to notify people very soon because
they will be writing the final episodes now.
fingers crossed we get 13 episodes next year to finish it all off.

actually, terra nova was shot in queensland... new zealand lacks the tropical environment.

i'm glad this show got canned, the pilot had possibly one of the worst scripts i'd seen in a long time. i
really felt like the writers had been pressured into turning the show into some family-friendly bullshit, and i
wasn't intrigued by the show's premise at all. sorry tn, but i'm glad to see you go.
[#179308] Written by: darthvengeant [07/03/2012, 16:23]
i liked the show. there isn't much sci-fi on tv anymore, certainly not on syfy, and this was one of
the only few shows of that genre on. it may not have been emmy award winning, but i did enjoy it.
suck to not be able to see the story finished, thats why i have cliffhanger season endings. if it
get's cancelled you can never finish the story out.
[#179316] Written by: lastgateguard [07/03/2012, 18:01]
that's not cool i have been waiting for news for this and this is what i get? weak!

good-bye tv show you will be missed.......by some at least.
[#179323] Written by: sakura [07/03/2012, 20:30]
too bad it had potential, for me personally the first 3 episodes were amazing then it got boring.
wish they at least gave it a second season.
[#179327] Written by: gadgetfl [07/03/2012, 22:15]
it would have been picked up if it was "real housewives of the jurassic" or "survivor - badlands"
[#179345] Written by: coswell [08/03/2012, 02:10]
how was it creative???

it was a rip off from avatar + lost + nonsense.
[#179368] Written by: BakaHammer [08/03/2012, 09:40]
Quote by coswell
how was it creative???

well, not really, but it was still a hundred times better than the crap heap of medical dramas,
procedurals, and "reality" shows that plague the air.
[#179372] Written by: ockraz [08/03/2012, 12:20]
i think many people who are saying that it was awful are missing the fact that it was targeted for a family
audience. it's not fair to compare it to lost or fringe. those are shows that are aimed at more
sophisticated viewers. terra nova was supposed to be something that parents could watch with their 5 or 6
year old kiddos, so if you're thinking that it wasn't nearly as good as lost, then just imagine how bad it
could have been: think land of the lost!

for what it was, it was decent. i found some modest enjoyment in it, but i won't really miss it. otoh, i
know parents who will really miss having a show for the whole family - even if it was relatively lackluster.
[#179476] Written by: n1break [09/03/2012, 23:55]
there are some really bad shows out there (desperate housewives, king, unforgettable, jersey shore,
survivor, bachelor and bachelorette etc )and they have to cancel terra nova "really" it really
pisses me off that shows like this which does not have nudity and sex or gay or lesbian stuff in it
get cancelled, although compared to fringe yes it had to go, that is if there was a choice between
terra nova and fringe.
[#179493] Written by: FuryX [10/03/2012, 02:25]
dammit i really got into the show near the end..i wanted to know about the bad lands...shame..
[#179541] Written by: VALNAC [10/03/2012, 16:12]
Quote by elwood99
it was a new concept ...which is surprising... so for that alone it was worth watching. not a zombie or
vampire in the bunch. too bad you get kicked to the curb for being innovative. that's tv for ya. they
should have thrown in a dork being pursued by a bunch of drunken bimbets.

no, chuck is done with too

[#179551] Written by: 0Albert0 [10/03/2012, 23:33]
the writing was bad, and the family was incredibly annoying as someone said before. the only way that this show could have
been salvaged was if they killed the entire family (even the little one, god she was annoying) except o'hara and the writers
started writing stuff that wasn't painful to watch, like it was watching people dealing with an ex fucking boyfriend in 85 millions
years bc or a meteor shower that kills electronics and makes every one go "i can't listen to my ipod now, omg".
[#179693] Written by: brad5786 [12/03/2012, 21:32]
and fox does it again every show they produce is canceled im glad i live in england where shows dnt
get canceled after one season
[#179732] Written by: esign [13/03/2012, 08:45]
Quote by redback71
i like it . but its not that the show being axed that annoys me, its that these
studios never make a final episode to tie up the cliffhanger, and its becoming more common.
stargate, heroes, v, tera nova, ordinary people etc...

i couldn't possibly agree more. it's getting to a point where i'm hesitant to start watching a show,
for fear that i might enjoy it. that can't be good for business. if for no other reason, they should
make such episodes for reason of customer relations. a network that pledged to give cancelled shows
2-3 "wrap up" episodes would gain considerable loyalty from me.

to those who will object to a pirate talking about "customer relations": i'm only a part-time
pirate, and otherwise a valuable customer. i'd say more valuable for the fact that i'm a pirate; i
consume much more media in legal form, as a consequence of also having it available through
"alternative channels".

Quote by tlhintoq
i said it before it aired and i'll say it again now... i don't see how the "big
budget" effects were any better/different than primeval. - but without a decent mix of cast and
acting. so much for the mad skills of speilberg when it wasn't any better than some low budget
british show.

the effects themselves were a lot better in terra nova. however, primeval is a good example of a
show that makes exceptionally good use of relatively cheap effects. the focus on the effects rarely
comes to the point where flaws or limitations become intrusive to someone who's sufficiently
interested to have suspended disbelief. this is a fact that people are surprisingly oblivious to:
how the effects are used is at least as important as the effects in themselves.

i liked the casting in terra nova just fine, myself. the problem was a generic storyline of
corporate greed, which could have been given any setting whatsoever. as far as the main story line
went, "terra nova" could just as well have been a development project on hawaii, or a town in
canada, or a greek island. it wouldn't have affected the storyline much. given that, the effects
became unnecessary disturbances to the story. the only episodes to take the setting seriously were
ad-hoc and only faintly related the main storyline.

Quote by ockraz
i think many people who are saying that it was awful are missing the fact that it was
targeted for a family audience.

exactly right! much of the complaining goes to elements specific to it's qualities as a family show.

those who can't handle that must accept that some shows will only be "could-have-been-great-shows"
to them, while others are able to enjoy them as good or even great shows. frustrating, i'm sure, but
it can't be helped. unless they're willing to go to a proctologist and get a stick-ectomy, that is...
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]