TV Packs only

2012 CANCELED SHOWS AND MORE!

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » TV-News » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#183409] Written by: BoonesFerry [12/05/2012, 19:09]

the info used for this post was obtained from third party site(s) that do not differentiate between
shows that are ending (soon or a year from now after another season), not renewed, or canceled. so it
can be confusing and appear to be misleading. so if you see the term "canceled or cancelled" just say
to yourself, "hmm, this can mean any of three things (maybe more)".

breaking bad is not the only show on this list that is misleading.
it would be great if the author of this thread/post, assman, would take a second look and
modify/reformat the list.

breaking bad
show information page:
http://eztv.it/shows/36/breaking-bad/

breaking bad was renewed for a final 16-episode season. filming for the fifth season began on march
25, 2012. cast member bryan cranston has stated the season will be split into two parts, consisting of
eight episodes each. the season will premiere in july 2012, with the final 8 episodes airing in 2013.

this informatino can be verified on dozens of sites, here are a handful of such sites:
amctv.com/shows/breaking-bad
tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/breaking-bad/
tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/tag/breaking-bad/
insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/06/breaking-bad-final-season-2/
tvline.com/2012/02/20/breaking-bad-final-season-preview/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/list_of_breaking_bad_episodes
thefutoncritic.com/news/2012/04/12/amc-confirms-july-return-for-breaking-bad-
220515/20120412amc01/

[#183410] Written by: BrockAlexander [12/05/2012, 19:11]
disappointed missed is cancelled, was enjoying that. great cast to cancel. other than that, why
would u cancel eureka on syfy, theres hardly anything else worth watching on that channel. was their
best show since sg's have gone to the rack
[#183414] Written by: Booloo [12/05/2012, 19:28]
nope it just got confirmed for a 13 episode 4th season. rejoice my good sir.
[#183417] Written by: vor1000 [12/05/2012, 20:28]
yeah, as mentioned by a few people, not all of these are cancelled.

breaking bad - ratings are still great...not a cancellation...designed for story to end

the closer - executive producer and star kyra sedgewick decided to call it quits. network
would have preferred to keep the show. much of the cast will roll over to a spinoff this summer :
major crimes.

30 rock - tina fey has been hinting she's been wanting to end the show for two seasons, but
the ratings have been poor this year (dump the stupid reality show storyline...it's horrible), so
the timing is right.

imo three good sitcoms got unplugged early this year, before they had a chance to gain an audience;
free agents, bent, and man up! (am i the only one who found mu laugh-out-loud hilarious?)

i thought at the start of the year that a few of the big budget new shows looked like "all style no
substance" duds, and it looks like that happened (i'm looking at you terra nova and the river)

and i think missing got a bad rap. not anything terribly groundbreaking, but well done for
what it was.
[#183420] Written by: burnodo [12/05/2012, 21:06]
will miss eureka and the closer. never heard of half the other shows. terra nova was ok but too much
hype and little substance. will eventually watch breaking bad on the the flix
[#183424] Written by: Count26andDie [12/05/2012, 22:46]
damn you fox! time and time again, you choose crappy reality shows over good entertainment. an
earlier comment said it right, no wonder your network is dying. alcatraz & terra nova had huge
potential. chuck and house, i'm sad to see you go, but we all know, they ran their course.
[#183429] Written by: Falomam [13/05/2012, 00:04]
i hate scripted drunk amateur tv... err i mean reality tv. i got to believe it is a major
contributor to why so many americans are idiots. problem is idiots watch it and they cost absolutely
nothing to produce. no million dollar contracts or special effects. might not bring in the huge
numbers but when they are not into it for anything they don't need too.

only show on the list (that hasn't had a multi-season run and has had time to wrap things up) that i
will actually miss is
the finder.

i liked terra nova but it never brought to the table what is promised. we need a new good sci-fi
series. there is nothing out there anymore. growing up i had stargate, star trek(not counting
enterprise), babylon 5, firefly, lexx, sliders, quantum leap, andromeda and farscape.

the only thing i have to look for is doctor who (have not been thrilled with new doctor but trying.)
and wait and hope for made for tv stargate movies and or star trek movies.
[#183430] Written by: JeanLucPicard [13/05/2012, 00:57]
Quote by falomam
... wait and hope for made for tv stargate movies and or star trek movies.

sgu was awesome during its last episodes and would well deserve some tv movies to conclude the
storyline.

star trek simply got fu**ed since jja took over the franchise. canon is important to most of the
fans so you do not want to screw around with that.

[#183433] Written by: andjanet [13/05/2012, 01:25]
Quote by indomitus
i wouldn't call breaking bad cancelled. it was always meant to run a limited time and it's
going to be on for
another season to finish the story.

i agree with indomitus. it's unfair to say that "breaking bad" and "the closer" were "cancelled". that
makes it sound as though they were not wanted or watched anymore. these shows, and i suspect a few
others, "ended". perhaps a new category for next time?

i'm disappointed to see "bent" on the cancelled list. it had potential.
[#183450] Written by: agrifert [13/05/2012, 11:00]
two strike me as sad cancel items:
alcatraz and the secret circle
one i would have liked to see continued breaking bad
pity
[#183452] Written by: 98ouzi [13/05/2012, 11:45]
how the %&^$ could they cancel secret circle after that season ending ep. my ass is getting seriously
chapped by this. and really alcatraz, bored to death and bent too? wtf!
[#183454] Written by: vor1000 [13/05/2012, 12:25]
bored to death's rating were getting smaller and smaller every year, so i wasn't surprised to see it
go....too bad, it had "quirky funny" down to a science.

how they can say bent suffered from low ratings is a sham. it was a mid-season replacement, then it
was never really promoted to gain initial interest, and then they ran 6 episodes in 3 weeks. i kinda
think the plan was to gas it right from the start. nothing they did with it looked like they were
putting any effort into the promotional side of things, which is critical for a new show.
[#183466] Written by: esign [13/05/2012, 18:29]
"breaking bad" was no surprise. it's not being cancelled, it's simply finished. i'll miss it,
though. the same goes for "house". the cancellation of "terra nova" isn't news; it's been known for
a while. i'll miss it a little bit.

the bad surprise for me was "harry's law". i truly liked it. a couple of the sit-coms were ok as
well. "man up", "bent", and "are you there, chelsea" were all decent enough. possibly only because
the other comedy shows suck even worse.

"flashpoint" finding a new home is good news to me. i find it entertaining, and occasionally good.

i guess "harry's law" is the only really noteworthy bit to me. i was hoping it would make it, and
even believing it might. it's a good show, dammit! sure, not ground breaking, but ground breaking
shows are extremely rare. not all shows can be "breaking bad". "harry's law" had it's own quirky
take on the old courtroom and lawyers genre. a few unusual aspects, good actors, good scripts, very
entertaining, and sometimes thought-provoking. um... on second thought, i should've known it was
doomed...
[#183474] Written by: vor1000 [13/05/2012, 20:00]
Quote by esign
"flashpoint" finding a new home is good news to me. i find it entertaining, and
occasionally good.

i find it to be real.

by that i mean it's not a bunch of chest-thumping meat heads gunning down the bad guy and then going
out for beers and laughs. firing the weapon is the last resort, and when a character has to kill
someone, there's a real emotional struggle afterwards.

it's a little truer to life....well at least here in canada. lol
[#183480] Written by: Assman [13/05/2012, 20:35]
Quote by brygdom
eureka (syfy) - you suck comcast

ftfy

Quote by dechesirekat
don't forget about community, it got cancelled too...

"community renewed for a shortened fourth season"
http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/community_renewed_shortened_fourth/307263
it is likely that this will be its last season, but nothing "official" has been announced yet.

//assman
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]